Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Big Baller!!!

Who would have thought Austin outspent New York City?? Well!! According to the article "Top-spending city: Austin, not NY" by Bundle.com the top-spending Americans lived in Austin in 2009 with the average of $67,076 when the national average is $37,782 (77% higher than the national average). I guess there is a lot of rich people in Austin...I mean college professors get pay a ton since UT is big on Research and making money. The list is based on how much money is spent on shopping, health and family, food & drink, home-related expenses, transportation, and travel and leisure.


I gotta the chance to visit Mt. Bonnell and Lake Travis during college and man...those houses are breathtaking. Their houses are on or by the lake, up in the hills and mountains. The house's garages in the back are for boats rather than cars and cars are park in the front instead. Its so nice to just go on boat rides whenever in their backyard w/o going anywhere far. This is really a unique town b/c its so individual with many local restaurants and shopping centers making it a place to be. Our motto is "Keep Austin Weird," and heck yeah its weird...in a GOOD WAY!! Plano also made it in the top 5...Yeah yuh!! These are my cities so I'm very happy to see them on the list.

Beside that, UT was the number one party school in my freshmen year...I don't know if I'm proud of that but fo sho its a fun school. We know how to PARTY!! The bottom of the list for spending is Detroit...so sad =(. My bf lives there now, I guess on the bright side he's saving money =). Detroit seriously looks boring...I was there for a little bit to visit my bf and can't imagine myself living there. I would CRY!!!

Source: http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Banking/CreditCardSmarts/top-spending-city-austin-not-new-york.aspx

Here is the list for top cities "who's spending and who's isn't"
Top 5:
1. Austin, TX-$67,076
2. Scottsdale, Ariz. -$64,687
3. San Jose, Calif. -$59,022
4. Arlington, Va- $52,085
5. Plano, TX-$56,738

Bottom 5:
1. Detroit -$16,446
2. Hialeah, Fla.-$19,397
3. Chula Vista, Cali. -$21,424
4. Toledo, Ohio-$26,962
5. Boise, Idaho-$28,006


View of Mt. Bonnell from almost 5 yrs ago with my terrible disposable camera.



Us chilling on Mt. Bonnell


Hula Hut!!


Oasis on Lake Travis.


Canoeing during summer...the water feels so good!!




We just jumped into the water after canoeing and kayaking.


Christmas time at Mozarts.


I miss Austin...and Ju!!

1 comment:

  1. aww lovely pics! wow I'm surprise that LA isn't on the list, considering the surgeries people get aorund there etc. Austin is def a big surprise! and lol at Detroit ohh well they have not a bad hockey team though! :D

    ReplyDelete

holla back!!